Wednesday 6 July 2016

CHEAT'S LASAGNE

I love a lasagne but it is quite time consuming to make so I jumped for joy when I found this recipe in Olive magazine. Even though it takes 40 minutes, it is simple and easy and doesn't use too many ingredients. However it wasn't easy to find the beef and red wine ravioli, after looking in M&S, Sainsburys and Tescos, I finally found it in Waitrose.

Ingredients for 2 people:

2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
400g tin of chopped tomatoes (mine actually had basil in them too)
A small handful of basil, chopped (I used a pinch of dry basil as that is all I had)
250g beef and red wine ravioli
4 tablespoons of mascarpone
4 tablespoons of Parmesan, plus extra for the top (obviously I went to town)!
1 ball of mozzarella, sliced



Preheat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan / gas mark 6.

Cook the garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for a couple of minutes and then tip in the tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes until thickened and then season and stir in the basil (as I mentioned my chopped tomatoes already came with basil and then I just added a pinch of dry basil).





Meanwhile cook the ravioli in boiling water until almost tender but drain before it's done as it will continue cooking in the oven. This meant that I literally cooked it for one minute.



Mix together the mascarpone and the Parmesan - mine didn't mix that well to be honest and was quite "sticky".



Oil a small baking dish - I used fry light oil spray. Spoon a little tomato sauce (about a third) on the bottom, add half the ravioli and then dollop over half the mascarpone mix.





Add some more tomato and then repeat the process with the ravioli, mascarpone mix and then the remaining tomato sauce.

Top with the mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake for at least 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling and then serve.






This was a great, easy version of lasagne and would be perfect with a green salad and even some garlic bread if you are feeling particularly naughty! Perfect for a midweek supper - I will definitely be cooking this again. I reckon you could do a "veggie" version and use spinach and ricotta ravioli instead of the beef and it would still be delicious. Arabella also gave it the thumbs up!


Nutrition Facts Widget Image

No comments:

Post a Comment