Saturday 18 June 2016

COD, CHERRY TOMATO & GREEN OLIVE TRAY BAKE

As I mentioned in my last post, I am very limited with time at the moment and so I am all about cooking something easy and quick. However at the same time I want something healthy as well as I am now 8 1/2 months pregnant. I can see how many people must be attracted by ready meals as it is so easy to shove something in the oven but I am determined to not fall into the trap.

This took 40 minutes to cook and was very simple.

Ingredients for 6 people:

1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
750g cherry tomatoes
Olive oil
6 evenly sized pieces of cod loin (125g each)
6 pieces of Parma ham
18 nocellara green olives (I just used whatever ones I had in the fridge)
Flat leaf parsley, chopped to serve
Crusty bread and butter



Preheat the oven to 220 C / 200 C fan / gas mark 7.

Put the onions and tomatoes in a shallow roasting tin or dish. Season generously and add around 4 tablespoons of olive oil and toss together.


Roast for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile wrap each piece of cod in a slice of Parma ham.



After 15 minutes, add the olives to the roasting dish and then sit the cod on top of the onion, tomatoes and olives. Roast for another 15 minutes until the cod is cooked through and the Parma ham has crisped up.





Scatter with parsley and serve immediately with crusty bread and butter.



This was super simple and really delicious. I loved mopping up the juices from the tomatoes with the crusty bread however if you are watching your weight you could have it with some spinach or kale instead. I think if I was cooking it for my husband I would add some buttered orzo pasta. Arabella enjoyed most of this although she isn't the biggest fan of cooked tomatoes - I ended up bribing her with the bread and butter which she loves so much!

I will definitely be making this a regular recipe as it was so easy, flavoursome and mostly healthy - it will be perfect when I am on my post pregnancy diet.



Nutrition Facts Widget Image

No comments:

Post a Comment