Monday 30 May 2016

JAMIE'S SIMPLE TUNA SPAGHETTI

I hope everyone is enjoying the bank holiday weekend, not sure what happened to the sun today?! After a few days of barbecues and ice cream, the Chelsea Flower Show and a music festival in the Cotswolds….it is now back to warming pasta dishes and TV in bed! I am not complaining though, it is around 7 weeks until the baby is due and I need to make the most of having some quiet time.

My husband Pascal and I decided to cook this pasta dish as it didn't need too many ingredients and only took around 15 minutes, I found it on Jamie Oliver's website but I made a few alterations.

Ingredients for 2 big portions (we were hungry):

250g spaghetti
Sea salt
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
4 anchovy fillets, sliced
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
Extra virgin olive oil
2 x 120g tin of quality tuna in olive oil
1 tablespoon baby capers, rinsed
10 green olives, halved
Juice of half a lemon
100g wild rocket

To serve (optional):
Parmesan



I always prepare my ingredients first so started off by chopping the garlic, olives, anchovies and tomato.


Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the packet's instructions - mine took 8 minutes.



Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the garlic, anchovies and capers for a couple of minutes. Then add the tomatoes and toss well.




When the pasta is ready, drain but reserve a cupful of cooking water. Add the pasta to the tomatoes etc and mix well, adding a splash of water if necessary - we needed to.




Flake in the tuna, squeeze the lemon, add the olives and most of the rocket and drizzle with olive oil and toss again.





Season generously and serve with any remaining rocket and a scattering of Parmesan if desired.



This was really really good - we were surprised how much we enjoyed this, such a simple recipe but bursting with flavours. I am very pleased I have left over ingredients as I will definitely be making this again soon and I love that this is easy to make for just one person as well. It tasted so fresh…..a real winner!

Nutrition Facts Widget Image

No comments:

Post a Comment