Tuesday 10 November 2015

BUTTERBEAN AND CHORIZO HOTPOT - 5:2 DIET

As I have mentioned, probably several times, I follow the 5:2 diet. I am a creature of habit however I do sometimes get a little bored of the endless soup, stir fries and salmon that I eat on "2" days and so I decided it was time to try something new. This is a recipe which I found in the Daily Mail and it took around 30 minutes.

Ingredients for 2 people:

30g chorizo, finely chopped
1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp smoked paprika
Pinch of sugar
Salt and pepper
Handful of coriander, roughly chopped, to serve



Heat a medium-sized pan and gently fry the chorizo to release it's colour, oil and flavour. 



Add the onion and garlic and cook gently until they have softened (about 5 minutes).




Add the butter beans, tomatoes, tomato puree, paprika and sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.




Add 2 tablespoons of water or a little more, if the pan starts to look a little dry.



Finally serve between 2 bowls with some chopped coriander.



This comes to a total of 249 calories per portion - I weighed the two bowls so I made sure each portion was equal. As I was sharing it with my daughter, Arabella, she added some crusty bread and goat's cheese to bulk out her portion. I really enjoyed it - it certainly did not feel like diet food and was really tasty and filling. Arabella was not so keen - too many onions  - but it wasn't the worst thing she had eaten apparently!!

Don't scrimp on the coriander, it really makes the dish. A great recipe for a "2" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment