Monday 27 July 2015

TUNA & FRESH TOMATO PASTA WITH LEMON & THYME

I was at a real loss at what to cook tonight - Arabella poo-pooed all my suggestions and so I decided to wing it and just went to the supermarket in hope of finding a good recipe card. Thankfully I was in luck!! Arabella will never say no to pasta and this didn't seem to heavy which was a relief as I was still slightly stuffed from my afternoon treat of millionaire shortbread.

It took just around 15 minutes to prepare and cook.

Ingredients for 2 people:

150g dried pasta - the recipe suggests linguine however I used some leftover macaroni
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
2 x 80g can John West Infusions Tuna Lemon & Thyme
6 basil leaves, roughly torn
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (plus extra to serve if required)

Optional extra - 1 tablespoon of capers or 6 green olives, halved



Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the packet instructions - mine took 7 minutes.



While this is cooking, heat the oil in a small frying pan and cook the crushed garlic and halved tomatoes for 2-3 minutes until softened but still holding their shape.




Drain the pasta and return to the pan.



Add the tomatoes, garlic, tuna, basil and Parmesan to the pasta.






Season generously and toss together.



Serve with a little extra Parmesan if desired (we added quite a bit extra obviously)!



This was good - I liked the flavoured tuna however I felt the recipe was lacking a little something salty so I added a tablespoon of capers to mine and some green olives to Arabella's - this completed the recipe and took it to very good! It was very quick and easy to make and we used a lot of store cupboard ingredients which I always like. Actually the most complicated part of this recipe was opening the tuna lids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment