Wednesday 3 June 2015

BAKED POTATOES WITH FETA CREAM AND CRISPY CHORIZO

My daughter Arabella loves a jacket potato and often has them for lunch at school - she has been asking for them at home now but I am not really a potato fan. However as it is now barbecue season I thought it would make a nice alternative to salad (plus I make her eat lots of things I like and she doesn't). 

The problem with jacket potatoes is you need to be organised as they take an hour to cook in the oven so make sure you leave yourself plenty of time. 

Ingredients for 3 people:

3 large jacket potatoes, scrubbed
150ml sour cream
100g feta cheese, crumbled
Pickled jalapeƱos, 6 slices from a jar (I left this out as we don't like spice)
2 tbsp coriander, chopped
120g chorizo, chopped or bite sized pieces



Preheat the oven to 200C / 180 C fan / gas mark 6.

Prick the potatoes with a fork and then put them in the oven for 60 minutes or until tender.

About 15 minutes before the potatoes are ready, you need to make the sauce. You can either whizz together the feta and sour cream in a food processor or you can mash them together really well in a bowl - I chose this option as it meant less washing up!




Stir in the jalapeƱos (if you are using) and the chopped coriander.



Fry the chorizo in a dry frying pan until crisp - this took about 5 minutes.




Once the potatoes are ready, take them out the oven and then cut in half.



Divide the feta cream between the potatoes and then top with the chorizo and serve.





I was very pleasantly surprised by this recipe - I absolutely loved the potatoes with the feta cream and chorizo. Arabella liked it but prefers a more simple butter and grated cheddar topping. I will definitely be making this again - it is a simple recipe and something you can easily do for just one person or for many (such as at a dinner party). To make this slightly healthier you could use sweet potatoes and serve it with a green salad rather than a burger!

The moral of the story is I should definitely listen to my daughter's supper suggestions more often!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment