Thursday 5 February 2015

EASY MARINATED LAMB

I had some lamb steaks left over from last week's recipe of peppered lamb steak with pesto & goat's cheese so I hunted through the recipe books to see what new thing I could cook. This is what I found - a super easy recipe from Fay Ripley's second cookbook which is quick and delicious and child friendly. I could easily have just had a cadbury's creme egg and malteser tiffin but I need to set a good healthy example for Arabella!! 

Ingredients for 2 people:

1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 lamb steaks (around 100g each)
90g quinoa (you might want more depending on how hungry you are - it is generally 60g per person)
A pot of hummus 



The only thing you need to remember about this is to marinate the lamb beforehand - I left it for 5 hours however you can do 24 hours or as little as 1 hour.

Mix the oil, cumin, ginger and vinegar together and rub all over the chops. I dip this in a bowl, which I then covered and put in the fridge for several hours.



Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions. Mine needed to be heated in 300ml of cool water, until it boiled and then simmered for 15 minutes.



Grill the lamb steaks under a medium to high heat for 5 minutes on each side.



Finally serve the lamb and quinoa with a big dollop of hummus.



This was good - I really liked the way the spices enhanced the lamb and I can never get enough of hummus however it was lacking some veg or salad and the quinoa was bland….it needed some green!! I would definitely do it again but instead I would either add a Greek salad or spinach and goat's cheese quinoa or roasted vegetable and goat's cheese quinoa. That would make the recipe perfect! 

Nutrition Facts Widget Image

No comments:

Post a Comment