Saturday 3 January 2015

HOTEL L'HELIOS, MERIBEL

We are creatures of habit when it comes to eating in the mountains and so rarely try anywhere new. However Pascal was keen for lunch one day at the restaurant at the Hotel L'Helios, and considering it's beautiful terrace in the sun and it's proximity to the bottom of the slopes, I was happy to give it a go too.

I don't think many people know about it as it was pretty quiet but we weren't complaining as we had a prime table in the sunshine, extremely attentive service and Arabella loved playing in the snow nearby. As it was New Year's Eve we decided to have two courses….plus there was so much we wanted on the menu.



I started with burrata, tomato and basil sauce. An all time favourite of mine in London and it did not disappoint. It was absolutely delicious and very well presented with plenty of cheese and plenty of tomatoes.


Pascal went for a dish of the local beaufort cheese and not so local pata negra ham. This was also very good - very fresh and flavoursome and a hearty portion.


Arabella went for a burger which I had food envy over - no surprise there - she ate it all and adored the fries!


For mains I actually had a starter again - I love the small ravioli they have over here and can never resist it on the menu. My ravioli had a cheese filling and was served with crispy local ham. This was amazing - really cheesy!


Pascal surprised us all by ordering fish! He ordered pike quenelle with a crayfish sauce which was served with wild rice. I am not particularly a fan of pike but I was obsessed by the crayfish sauce - I could have had it as a soup. Pascal devoured the lot!



We were too full for puddings like normal and instead just enjoyed some petit fours with a coffee.


A fantastic meal on the slopes - it really is the perfect location, the food is delicious and the terrace / restaurant has a smart elegant atmosphere. I expect when the weather warms up, people will be fighting each other for a table in the sunshine. 

Helios Hotel Restaurant

Route de la Renarde,
73550,
Meribel Les Allues,
France
Tel: 00 33 (4)79 24 22 42

No comments:

Post a Comment