Monday 21 July 2014

IL PARADISO, MALLORCA

My brother is much more into Chinese food and kebabs than fine dining but he did come up with the brilliant recommendation of Il Paradiso Marivent when we were in Mallorca. It is a beautiful restaurant perched on a cliff edge with incredible views. If you can, try and book a table on the balcony but if not, the terrace is also spectacular.

As we only booked that day we were seated on the terrace but it was still an intimate setting and you could see for miles out to sea.




Like always we had a couple of drinks while we looked at the rather large menu full of Italian and Mediterranean classics, salads, pastas, seafood and meats. We also nibbled on some amazing olives, Italian bread, truffled ricotta and a caramelised tomato and onion paste. All absolutely delicious - Pascal and I were fighting over the truffled ricotta!



There were so many starters Pascal and I wanted so we ended up ordering a selection which consisted of mozzarella & tomato, tuna tartar with a quail egg, thin parma ham filled with lobster cream flavoured with cognac & dill and bresaola with burrata (my favourite), rocket & truffle dressing.




It was all incredible - superior fresh ingredients which tasted all the more delicious thanks to it's stunning setting.

For mains Pascal went for the Black Angus beef tenderloin served with a béarnaise sauce and garnished with asparagus wrapped in pancetta and potato puree. It was cooked to perfection and he loved it….I even had some food envy!



Now I made a bit of an error and was so busy tucking into my pappardelle with sautéed shrimps, black olives, capers, anchovies, chilli sun dried tomatoes and fresh basil that I forgot to take a photo! Whoops! I just couldn't stop myself as it was amazing - plus I even managed to have lots of Parmesan too….Pascal seems to believe fish and cheese don't go together but for me, cheese goes with everything!!

We had a lovely bottle of wine which I would also recommend.



WOW! A fantastic restaurant - we will definitely be going back and I cannot wait….perfect for a special or romantic night out. For once I can admit that my brother was right!!!

Il Paradiso

Joan Miro 243
Palma de Mallorca
07015
Balearic Isles 
Spain
Tel: +34 971 103379


No comments:

Post a Comment