Wednesday 8 January 2014

TUNA & FETA FRITTATA

Since being back home I have had certain priorities such as cuddling Arabella as much as possible as I haven't seen her for 10 days, doing Bikram yoga and then very important - catching up on missed TV - last night I watched The Thirteenth Tale, it was brilliant, I really recommend it (the book is even better) and I am desperate for Pascal to be home tomorrow to watch Downton Abbey and the new series of Revenge & Grey's Anatomy…..Heaven!!

Unfortunately with all this going on I haven't had time for a big supermarket shop and my fridge isn't exactly bulging however I have some basics and luckily I had all the ingredients below minus the salad.  I thought I would try and cook this frittata as it's full of protein, filling & not very calorific (good for the 2014 "healthy" routine) and makes a change from the usual scrambled eggs and omelettes. I've never cooked one before but always liked the look of them so here goes... 

Ingredients for 2 people:

4 large eggs
4 salad onions, sliced
100g feta, crumbled or chopped into small pieces
100g tin of tuna, drained and flaked
1 tbsp olive oil
green leafed salad to serve (optional) 


To start with beat the eggs in a bowl.


Then stir in the sliced salad onions, feta and tuna.



Heat the oil in a non stick pan and pour the mixture in. At this point preheat the grill.


Cook over a low heat undisturbed for 5 minutes or until almost set.


Mine was more set on one side than the other!! Finally put the pan under the grill for 4 minutes until it is set and golden.


 Ideally serve with salad however Arabella & I had cherry tomatoes with it!


It was good - I would have preferred a lot more onions, maybe even some red onion, and Arabella would have liked no onion whatsoever….maybe we could do sweetcorn instead as a compromise. We enjoyed it, it was very quick and simple to make but I think I prefer an omelette to a frittata as it is less "cooked". That is not to say I wouldn't try one again. It has inspired me to be more adventurous with my omelette making…normally I just do ham and cheese…but I am definitely going to try something more impressive next time…watch this space...!

No comments:

Post a Comment