Sunday 27 October 2013

GOLA, FULHAM ROAD (FOR THE THIRD TIME)!!

I am a huge truffle fan and would eat them daily if they weren't so expensive. I love them on toast with lots of butter, on pizzas, in salads, in soups and of course with pasta and risotto. We had made truffle pasta this week at home and it was delicious although never quite the same as in a restaurant....thankfully Aaron from Gola has explained the truffle pasta "secret"that we need to cook the pasta with butter rather than creme fraiche.

As a treat we decided to go to Gola last night for a truffle feast. I know I have reviewed this restaurant twice before but I wanted to share these pictures because if you are a truffle fan like I am, try and make the trip.

Gola offers several different truffle suggestions such as burrata with zucchini and white truffles or fillet steak with truffles and of course pasta with truffles to name a few.

I wanted my usual starter of burrata with tomato and basil and Pascal wanted a pizza so Aaron created one with smoked duck. It was delicious but was cheese free....uh oh....I consoled myself with the fact I had probably saved about 500 calories!! The burrata was so creamy we demolished the bread basket soaking it all up.





For mains we both had the white truffle pasta which was AMAZING!! One of the best pasta dishes I have ever had. We then shared pumpkin tortellini with white truffle which Pascal was obsessed with! The tortellini was stuffed full with pumpkin which complemented the truffles perfectly.





This was all washed down with a bottle of Pietra - a good red wine, slightly heavy but slips down very well.


Even though we were both completely stuffed by this point, Aaron treated us to a very special glass of Chateau Yquem 1987 with profiteroles which were delicious! 



And obviously no night at Gola is complete without a grappa - this time apple flavoured (not that I could notice)!!

Another fantastic meal - we left with huge smiles on our faces wishing we could have the experience all over again!!

Gola Restaurant

787 Fulham Road
London
SW6 5HD
Tel: 020 7751 0141
Email: golafulham@gmail.com


Square Meal
Gola restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment