Saturday 29 June 2013

LORRAINE'S TURKISH KEBABS


I love a kebab although I am not very keen on hanging round kebab shops so the only option is to make one at home!

I found this recipe on Lorraine several months ago however have altered it slightly as I am not keen on chilli sauce. It is a great one for all the family and extremely quick and easy to make plus it is not too calorific (depending on how much hummus you put in)!

Ingredients for 4 people:

4 Chicken Breasts each sliced into at least 5 pieces
150ml of natural yoghurt (I use fat free if possible)
3 garlic cloves crushed
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika (I sometimes use normal paprika depending on what is in the cupboard)
Juice and zest of half a lemon
Half a teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon

A red onion sliced
Cherry Tomatoes
Big pot of hummus (low fat will lower the calories)
Flat breads / tortillas
Feta Cheese (optional)



In a large bowl marinate the chicken in the yoghurt, garlic, spices and lemon for at least a couple of hours. I sometimes do it in the morning and leave it for even longer for ease factor. It takes about 5 minutes to do this.



At supper time cook the marinated chicken in a pre heated griddle pan or frying pan for around 7-8 minutes until all the chicken is cooked through (no one wants food poisoning despite the weight loss)!


Make sure the onion is sliced and the cherry tomatoes cut in half and microwave or cook the flat breads.


And voila!


As I tend to think no meal is complete without cheese I sometimes add little cubes of feta in the wrap as well! Delicious!

According to My Fitness Pal, one portion is about 500 calories (without feta).


No comments:

Post a Comment